eYe-reEs
post Oct 29 2010, 12:36
Post #41

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 19

Magda
From The Fallen Page
MINUS101 CD, 2LP, WAV, MP3

The smallest thing can trigger it, at any moment. A word, a smell, a sound, and suddenly that mnemonic feeling of transportation to a lost memory, or a hidden place. Familiarity and recognition; someplace you’ve been before. Or have you? Maybe, just maybe, it’s not quite the place you expected. Enter the disorientating, evocative world that Magda has created, one that teeters on opposition: otherworldly but visceral, brutally dark with a warm sense of beauty and grace, sparse yet full-bodied and dense. Haunting electronic soundworlds that fall somewhere in-between reality and some sort of intangible dreamscape, brimming with nostalgic clues to the past and a curiosity-rousing sense of remembrance. Out of the memoirs of experience comes a lost chapter, an entire world tucked away for the right discoverer to find: the uncovering of thoughts From The Fallen Page.

From The Fallen Page is an engulfing, transportive album that takes listeners from one end of the spectrum to the other, treading the fine lines of extremities along the way. Starting with Get Down Goblin, a growling, dramatic entrance into her electronic voyage, the album bleeds into tracks of all shapes and sizes, from the swelling, eerie chords and solid rhythms of Lost In Time, to the oozy, bass-ridden Breakout, to the dynamic techy workout of Your Love Attack. And though the tracks sequence to tell a story, they all fall under the same alluring spell regardless of order: for instance, Music Box - a daydreamy soundworld filled with chilling chords and a lurid sense of dread (indeed, a music box from a dark past) - is a cinematic pairing to the dizzying builds and piano fills of Doom Disco, which sounds somewhere in-between a hand-clapping, bouncing club and an ancient, creaking haunted house. The funked-out, low-slung groove of Japan closes the chapter, a melancholic farewell immersed in soft, lush melodies.

The darkly-tinged collection takes on a personal, animated effect as a result of entirely unique sounds. In fact, everything in the album’s movement came about naturally, from its inception to its change in direction. Originally set out to be a post-punk, dark disco set of soundtrack-inspired music, it evolved into a melodious and percussive adventure into Magda’s past and influences. The album's punchy basslines and hypnotic drum patterns tell of her days growing up in Detroit, she didn’t purposefully set out to find memories; the memories found her.

RELEASE INFORMATION:

Artist/Title: Magda | From the Fallen Page
Catalogue No.: MINUS101
Label: MINUS
Format: CD, 2LP, MP3, WAV
Distribution: Wordandsound / Rough Trade / Beatport / M-nus.com
Barcode CD: 815349010883
Barcode LP: 815349010890
Release Date Physical: October 25th, 2010
Release Date Digital: October 27th, 2010

Track List CD:

01. Get Down Goblin
02. Your Love Attack
03. Breakout
04. Entertainment
05. Lost In Time
06. Little Bad Habits
07. Doom Disco
08. Music Box
09. Distance To Nowhere
10. Japan

Track List LP:

A1. Japan
A2. Doom Disco
B1. Breakout
B2. Distance To Nowhere
C1. Get Down Goblin
C2. Little Bad Habits
D1. Music Box
D2. Your Love Attack

m-nus.com

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
-I1-
post Nov 2 2010, 07:04
Post #42

I1 Ambivalent

Member No.: 3,186

QUOTE (eYe-reEs @ Oct 29 2010, 12:20) *
Magda - From the Fallen Page

Magda - From The Fallen Page Album Mix (DI.FM) (01-11-2010)

…as broadcasted by DI.fm Premium Minimal Stream. (256k HQ)

http://hotfile.com/dl/79892817/4b7f8ad/Mag...1_qrip.mp3.html

http://depositfiles.com/en/files/neo6k36l9

http://uploaded.to/file/6sahrx

Tracklist

01. Get Down Goblin
02. Your Love Attack
03. Breakout
04. Entertainment
05. Lost in Time
06. Little Bad Habits
07. Doom Disco
08. Music Box
09. Distance to Nowhere
10. Japan

+Quote Post
eYe-reEs
post Nov 4 2010, 09:43
Post #43

+Quote Post
eYe-reEs
post Nov 10 2010, 15:05
Post #44

Magda and Marc Houle take on North America

The Minus mainstays will be play a string of dates this December in support of their new albums.

Minus stalwarts Magda and Marc Houle have plotted a tour of North America for this December, with a string of club dates across the US, Canada and Mexico.

The two DJs and producers have been partners in crime for years. They met in Detroit in the early '90s, lived together for a stint, then became cornerstones of Minus when it formed at the end of the decade, eventually landing them in Berlin. This past fall has been an especially important time for the two of them, as both have just put out new LPs: Houle with Drift, and Magda with her debut album, From the Fallen Page. The duo have already spent much of the fall Treking across Europe in support of these records, and come December they'll touch down in Toronto for the North American leg of their tour. The tour wraps up two weeks later with a gig at The Works in Detroit, with stops along the way at The End Up in San Francisco, the Rabid festival in Mexico and Manhattan's newest techno spot, District 36. Houle will play live at all of the dates, while Magda takes care of DJ duties.

dates and source @ RA

+Quote Post
eYe-reEs
post Mar 22 2011, 09:55
Post #45

MINUS - Miami 2011

The time of year has arrived when the cream of the electronic music world descends on Florida for meetings, margaritas and more events than even the most battle-hardened party-animal could possibly attend in one week. With the official Winter Music Conference moved to earlier this month, the traditional late-March run of events has this year come to be unofficially known as Ultra week after the Bicentennial Park festival which will be celebrating its 13th edition.

As ever it's going to be a busy few days for Minus artists, with DJ and live performances scheduled for a majority of our roster throughout the week, with the main event being the Minus showcase that kicks off the Sunday School For Degenerates Lost Weekend on Friday.

Here is our diary of events featuring Minus artists in Miami for next few days - if you're in town, we hope you manage to catch some of them and have an amazing week.

Tuesday 22nd March

Who?: Magda
What?: Miami Music Week Opening Party with Philip Jung (M.A.N.D.Y.) vs Damian Lazarus, Heidi & more
Where?: Arkadia
When?: 9pm-late
Further info: RA

---

Wednesday 23rd March

Who?: Marco Carola
What?: Mixmag Free Beach Party with Danny Tenaglia, Wolf+Lamb, Soul Clap & more
Where?: Gansevoort Beach Resort
When?: 12pm-9.30pm
Further info: FB

Who?: Magda, Ambivalent & Alexi Delano , Barem
What?: Hush Hush
Where?: Electric Pickle
When?: 6am-?

Who?: Paco Osuna
What?: Mindshake with Victor Calderone, Carlo Lio, Alex Under (live)
Where?: Shelborne South Beach Resort
When?: 10pm-5am

---

Thursday 24th March

Who?: Marco Carola
What?: Loco Dice & Marco Carola with Martin Buttrich
Where?: Space
When?: tba

---

Friday 25th March

Who?: Richie Hawtin, Marco Carola, Magda, Paco Osuna, Troy Pierce, Gaiser (live), Barem (live), Ambivalent, JPLS (live)
What?: Sunday School: The Lost Weekend - The First 12 Hours
Where?: Ice Palace
When?: 10pm-10am

Who?: Richie Hawtin
What?: Pete Tong's Pool Party with Luciano, Joris Voorn, James Zabiela
Where?: The Surfcomber
When?: 11am-11pm

---

Saturday 26th March

Who?: Richie Hawtin, Ambivalent, Barem, Troy Pierce, Skoozbot
What?: Beatport Beach Party Day 4 - curated by Richie Hawtin, with Dubfire, 2000 And One, Carl Lio
Where?: Gansevoort Beach Resort
When?: 12pm-9pm
Further info: FB

What?: Positronic Boat Party with James Zabiela & Josh Wink
Where?: Biscayne Lady
When?: 3pm-9pm

What?: Mokai with James Zabiela
Where?: Mokai
When?: 10pm-5am

---

Sunday 27th March

Who?: Paco Osuna
What?: Sunday School For Degenerates
Where?: Ice Palace
When?: 10pm Saturday-10pm Sunday

+Quote Post
eYe-reEs
post Mar 24 2011, 15:25
Post #46

ja sam ovo gledala... ne znam jeli bilo na forumu.

+Quote Post
eYe-reEs
post Mar 24 2011, 15:31
Post #47

Minus Contakt Amsterdam - Underground TV Documentary

+Quote Post
eYe-reEs
post Apr 27 2011, 14:12
Post #48

Barem debuts with After the Storm

Minus's next long player will come from the Argentinian DJ and producer

Barem will release his debut album, After the Storm, this June through Minus.

The Argentinian producer began releasing records back in 2005, starting out with small imprints like Philadelphia's Foundsound and Pariter, a sub-label of Sushitech. Naturally, connecting with Minus jump-started his career. By the time Richie Hawtin met Barem at a party in Buenos Aires, he'd already been playing his tracks for a while, and soon decided to take the young artist under his wing. This led to heavy bouts of touring and a couple of 12-inches, Never Better Than Late and the Kolimar EP.

After the Storm demonstrates Barem's crisp, percussive style across 10 previously unreleased tracks. The full album will come out digitally and on CD, with an abridged version available on vinyl.

Tracklist
01. There
02. Is
03. Nothing
04. Better
05. Than
06. A
07. Clear
08. Blue
09. Sky
10. After The Storm

Minus will release After the Storm on June 20th, 2011.
RA

+Quote Post
eYe-reEs
post May 4 2011, 09:46
Post #49

Minus supports Japan with benefit gig at Womb

The label will support local industry with a Wednesday night gig and a limited edition set of sake glasses.

In an effort to help boost tourism in Japan, Minus are throwing a benefit gig at Womb on Wednesday night, fittingly titled Minus Hearts Japan.

"Reports of radiation and wide spread destruction have made tourists and artists reluctant to visit Japan while at the same time crippling Japan's vital export industry," Richie Hawtin said in a statement last week. "This has led to two industries being severely affected: Tokyo's nightlife and Japanese Sake, two industries very close to my heart."

The nightlife industry will get a boost from the party itself, which features DJ sets from Hawtin, Troy Pierce and Ambivalent, and live performances from Marc Houle and Hobo. As for the sake industry, Minus have created a limited edition set of sake glasses in collaboration with Shotuku Glass, which will be available online throughout the month of May. All proceeds from the set will be donated to breweries in the Tohuku region, which was hit especially hard during the earthquake in March.

Finally, Minus are also re-releasing an album called Utsohu by Kazuya Nagaya, an ambient artist Hawtin discovered while on a trip to Tokyo a few years ago. The album comes out on Wednesday, and will be available for free download to anyone who buys the sake glass set.

In anticipation of the event, Minus have put together the official trailer below, which features unreleased footage of their 2008 Japanese tour. You can also watch a live stream of the party on Ustream, beginning on Wednesday night at around 8:00pm Japanese time.

Event
RA

+Quote Post
eYe-reEs
post Aug 3 2011, 14:02
Post #50

Magda, Marc Houle and Troy Pierce leave Minus

The three DJs and producers will now focus their efforts on their own label, Items & Things.

Magda, Marc Houle and Troy Pierce have left Minus in order to pursue their own label, Items & Things.

All three artists have been central to Richie Hawtin's iconic imprint since its early days. Growing up in Detroit and nearby Windsor, Canada, Magda, Houle and Hawtin were friends long before the label materialized, and teamed up with Pierce not long after it launched. Over the next decade, Minus played a big role in defining the sound of minimal techno, eventually growing from an underground label into a global brand. In some respects the core artists acted like a band, frequently appearing together at Minus parties around the world, which ranged from club showcases to enormous audio-visual events.

"While we're sad to be leaving behind a big part of our history, we feel that we have reached a point in our careers where it's time to creatively spread our wings and focus our energy and enthusiasm on our own label, Items & Things," reads a written statement prepared by the artists. Reached by phone on Monday, Magda and Houle gave us the rest of the story:

In terms of style, how is Items & Things different from Minus? What can you do on Items & Things that you weren't able to do on Minus?

Magda: Well, first of all, we release what we want, and decide the direction of the label. The three of us have to agree 100% on each release. With Minus we were just artists on a label. There's always limitations when you're not the owner of a label. There's a totally different feeling to doing something on your own.

I wouldn't say there's one particular sound we're veering towards. I mean yes, we have a certain taste, but we're open-minded. The Madato release was more experimental, the Danny Benedettini one was more dance floor. It just depends, we don't have an agenda in mind. Whatever inspires us, whatever we love. Nothing specific.

Tell me about Down & Out, the events arm of the label. How would you describe the spirit of the event?

Marc Houle: When we first came to Berlin, we were playing all these weird obscure locations, not main clubs. You'd have to look up the address, go to an abandoned building, like with the Beat Street parties. It was really cool, you come to the city, explore different places. The past few years it's been mostly playing all the top clubs. We just wanted to revisit that old school feeling of exploring the city and playing in new spots. And the music has a similar feel, it's not the regular thing you hear at the main clubs, it's a little bit weirder, more off center.

Magda: Basically we play in smaller locations, to get back to the underground feeling we were missing.

Marc Houle: That's what the name means: down in the underground and out of the mainstream. [laughs] But also, we don't wanna get away from the main clubs, we still like going there, but we felt like we were only playing the big clubs and wanted something different.

Magda: Berlin has a great underground scene, and it's always changing, there's always something new popping up. Our first party was actually at a venue that doesn't have a name yet. [laughs]

How long has this idea been in the works?

Magda: It's been a slow process, but it really came together this summer. I think it just all made sense this year I suppose. We just all felt like it was time for change.

Is it hard to leave Minus?

Marc Houle: Of course. To leave an established label that the world knows and that you have so much history with is obviously difficult. But I think not leaving Minus would be more harmful, or more difficult than staying. Especially as we have all these ideas and plans in our head.

What will you miss about Minus?

Magda: Working with all of those artists all the time. But we'll still keep an open relationship, we're still friends—if I want, I can still release a single or an EP or something on Minus. It's not like we're turning our backs and not talking to each other anymore.

Marc Houle: Yeah, I mean Rich has been incredibly helpful to me and my career. But now I'm at a point where I have my own vision, I want to take my career into my own hands.

Why is it you three running a label together? What kind of artistic kinship do you share?

Magda: We can't really speak for Troy because he's in airplane at the moment. But basically we started Items & Things together, and I think it really worked because all three of us have very particular taste, so it really balances out when the three of us are involved and give feedback. Otherwise I don't think it would be the same.

Will it be difficult to rebrand yourselves as non-Minus DJs?

Magda: I think that's always a challenge, but that's not really something I'm thinking about.

Marc Houle: I don't feel like I need to run away from Minus, I'm very proud of my years there. As long as people keep an open mind and listen to the new sound, I'm happy.

If you'll still release occasionally on Minus, what exactly does it mean that you've left the label?

Magda: Well, there was no drama, we didn't have a big fight or fall out or anything like that. But the focus now is on Items & Things.

Marc Houle: Now for me, when I'm releasing records, I have 100 percent creative freedom to release whatever I want. If I do something weird or different, I don't have anyone to answer to, I can just release it.

So at Minus it felt like you had someone to answer to?

Marc Houle: Minus had a very distinct artistic direction, they still do. Rich always has these ideas for the future, and he gears the label toward that vision. Not having to worry about that stuff in the past was great. But there comes a point where you do want to worry about that stuff. And the new label gives us a chance to do that.

Magda: We want the label to be as uncomplicated as possible, and really serve as a platform to promote new artists. That means no exclusivity agreements—we don't really care if the artists release other places, because all we want to do is help them establish themselves, and get some good music out there.

How do you find the artists on Items & Things?

Magda: They send us demos, mostly through SoundCloud. Danny [Benedettini] was sending us music for years, and we always said, "mm, I don't know, it has potential, but not yet." But then after a while it was like "yes, OK, it's ready." So we're really happy to release him, and it feels good.

Items & Things has already drawn up a rigorous release schedule: the label will release one record per month throughout the next year, with new albums from Magda and Marc Houle on the way. Troy Pierce has a new EP in the works as well, due out in September. As for Down & Out, the next edition will take place in Berlin on November 3rd, during the Bermuda festival.

RA

+Quote Post
fromm
post Sep 27 2011, 11:12
Post #51

...delivered into the hands of indifference.

Member No.: 1,367

uglavnom.
holy shit!!!!

http://welikeitlossless.blogspot.com/searc...rkives%29boxset

+Quote Post
eYe-reEs
post Sep 27 2011, 13:32
Post #52

a bas! smile.gif

+Quote Post
eYe-reEs
post Dec 7 2011, 13:31
Post #53

Gaiser preps debut album as VOID

No Sudden Movements, the first release from Jon Gaiser's downtempo alias, is due out this month on Minus.

Jon Gaiser will release his first album as VOID this month on Minus.

Gaiser is best known as a producer of dark and driving minimal techno, but VOID shows a subtler side of his palette. No Sudden Movements explores lower tempos and more reflective moods than any of his past releases. According to the man himself, the project's been in the works for the past two years, and mostly came together "during the dark, colder months in Berlin, when it was most inspiring to create something that was bleak by nature and sparse by composition." Gaiser has also devised a live act as VOID, which he debuted last weekend as the opening act on Plastikman's UK tour.

Tracklist
01. fng
02. frz
03. snw
04. mlt
05. plb
06. bsm
07. fln
08. tst
09. utl

Minus will release No Sudden Movements on December 9th, 2011.

RA news

on je super, veselim se....

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: April 22, 2024 17:04